Thursday, July 28, 2005

Rest

As of today I'll be enjoying an unexpected four-day vacation of sorts. A very minor scratchy throat earlier in the week settled into my tonsils yesterday and reached the point of annoyance, so off to the doctor I went. Just a minor bout with tonsilitis, but enough to keep me home from the office today and tomorrow and away from the research this weekend.

So I managed to get a much-needed break from work, though not under the most ideal of circumstances. The funny thing is that I feel so much better this morning having gotten a solid 10 hours sleep last night. I feel better today than any day of this week past so technically I could go back to work. Am I going to do this? Hell no. I'm under doctor's orders after all, so I'm going to enjoy the time away from the office, time to read, to see a movie if I so desire, or simply just enjoy the rest and relaxation.

Now comes the question as to whether or not I want to get my tonsils removed. This is my third bout with tonsilitis in just over a year, so it's a procedure I may want to consider. At the moment, I'm not particularly inclined to follow this route unless absolutely necessary since tonsil removal in adults is rumored to be a rather painful undertaking.

No comments: