Monday, August 02, 2004

Rainy Norfolk Night

Great. Tropical Storm Alex is churning up the Carolina coast bringing with it the promise of more rain. After our bout with Hurricane Isabel last fall, this is just what we need, particularly since my refrigerator has not long recovered from the "twelve days without electicity" smell. Depending on the ultimate track of Alex, we may get soaked or emerge relatively unscathed. The latest forecast track has the storm a bit to the west of where forecasters originally predicted, so it looks like we're in for rain, rain, rain.

But as for right now, all is quiet save for the tree frogs and crickets calling in the dark.

So here is my first blog entry. Admittedly I'm a bit apprehensive typing my innermost thoughts on here knowing full well that everyone (ok..probably just some old lady in Utah) may be reading them. I've long kept a hand-written journal, but this particular form will take some adjustment time.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

MAN THAT IS AN AWESOME FIRST LOG. u MUST BE A GREAT WRITER. I WILL SURE TO CHECK OUT YOUR SITE EVERYDAY.

Wanting said...

...no old lady from Utah here.......