Monday, August 23, 2004

*yawn*

I took half day off from the office so I could get some things done around the apartment. Many things were on my list, including laundry, cleaning, and continue working on the thesis. So what did I do first? Took a long nap. Oh well...the sleep was probably needed and I've gotten quite a bit done since I woke.

Yesterday I went down to the Outer Banks of North Carolina to get a little sun and let me Jeep play on the beach. I did get a bit of a tan (ok..more than tha tan. I look like a lobster), but had second thoughts about taking the Jeep onto the beach, mainly due to the fact that I have not yet "prepped" it for beach driving. I've taken it out onto the sand before and it handled things well, but I don't want to make a habit of that until I get the appropriate equipment for beach driving: portable air pump, small shovel, rope, etc. The last thing I want to do is get stuck in the gathering dark miles from the nearest house. The more important element of beach driving is deflating your tires down to 20 psi which creates a flatter surface (meaning you shouldn't get stuck quite as easily). So this week I'm going to look for a portable air pump. I have one more free weekend before the semester starts back, so I'm going to try to spend it back down on the OBX.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

man that sounded like fun. although it would have been more fun if u had gone with someone.