Saturday, August 21, 2004

Saturday Afternoon Ramblings

Went out this morning to visit the parental units (and raid their garden) and returned home a short while ago with bags of all sorts of vegetables that I'll certainly put to good use this coming week. Admittedly, I don't visit the 'rents as often as I probably should, but in my defense, I do stay a little busier than I would like with my own comings and goings here in Norfolk. They understand this, so they don't go overbord with the guilt trips for not visiting.

So now I'm working my way through a cup of particularly strong coffee that I just procured from the shop across the street (they did indeed ask where I was this morning). The goal is to become sufficiently caffeinated to start plugging away on the thesis draft that I mentioned in my post of earlier today. I've nearly reached the caffeine level where research and furious scribbling are possible, so I suspect I'll have the thing wrapped up this afternoon once I get started, which is always the most difficult part. Once I get going on such a project, I can usually make good progress in no time at all. So we shall see. One eccentricity on my part that may slow the creativity process a bit is my old habit of writing out such research by hand. I use the same tired old mechanical pencil I've had since starting college way back when. And I've always used the same style of yellow legal pad as well. When it comes to such academic pursuits, I'm certainly a creature of habit.


No comments: