Thursday, September 29, 2005

Roll on December

After much vacillation on length of stay and probably too much time price comparison shopping, I finally booked and paid for the flights this morning for my Honduras trip in December. I'll be leaving Norfolk on December 19th and returning on the third of January. Not quite as long as my trip to Thailand last year, but it's sufficient. I don't want to overdose on travel too early in the season considering that the big trip will be in February or March. Haven't worked out the details of that trip yet other than the destination being somewhere in Southeast Asia.

It's a relief to have the flights organized and paid for. This logistical element is always the most vexing part of travel. Now I can start focusing on the in-country ininerary. A few weeks ago I picked up my travel guide and have been spending more time with that than Pat Robertson does with the Bible. My base of operations will be Copan Ruinas which is in the heart of Mayan ruin country and many hours will be spent touring and photographing ruins. Other than this, the itinerary is wide open. Now comes the ever-so-enjoyable aspect of putting things together. Two months to put together a memorable holiday.

4 comments:

Wanting said...

tell me again when those dates are? I need to make sure I'm covered at work...we flying first class or coach? I don't care, because I'm afraid of flying so I intend to be wasted til we get there.

Ng3 said...

Afraid of flying???? I find the whole experience to be a lot of fun, particularly the adrenaline rush as you accelerate down the runway on takeoff.

Wanting said...

adrenaline rush? I thought it was me peeing my pants...

Anonymous said...

Quite agreed.