Sunday, September 11, 2005

Sunday Afternoon

Sunday afternooon and Hurricane Ophelia churns off the Atlantic coast. The latest forecast by the National Weather Service Hurricane Center has the storm moving northward and potentially striking the North Carolina Outer Banks by Wednesday before veering eastward back out over open water. If this is the case we'll surely feel some of the effects here. This will be an interesting week weather-wise.

Today's thesis research went well and I'm glad things are beginning to wind down. About a month and a half to go and I'll hang up the field equipment until next April or May. It's been a lot of fun, but also a lot of work and the break will be most welcome. Having research obligations practically every weekend of the summer quickly got old. Though certainly a small thing, I'm looking forward to having free weekend to spend as I see fit. Of course I'll still be involved with the research during the off-season, but the work will primarily be data analysis which can be done at my leisure.

The only thing of any real importance on today's agenda is working on the presentaitons for this week's class. I haven't focused on these as much as I would like, so what I'll most likely do this evening is recycle one of my old presentatios, tailoring it to the specific needs of the class I'll be teaching. So if all goes well I'll have most of that accomplished by this evening, leaving on the presentation for the lab session which will be relatively easy to put together.

Ah well. Off to book the December flights.

2 comments:

Wanting said...

hmm....nothing yet on going down south?
I emailed someone and offered to help out...I put it on my blog...maybe you can tell me if im making a mistake?

Ng3 said...

I'm still in "hurry up and wait" mode and it's driving me crazy. grrrrrrr.