Saturday, October 29, 2005

Afternoon Update

Yawn.

Maybe a two hour nap wasn’t on the agenda, but it was nice nonetheless. Since crawling out of the warm bed just a short while ago, I’ve ambled over to Starbucks, talked briefly to various people whiling away their afternoon over coffee, tea, and pastries, and returned with my own Cup of Life. Once I become saturated in caffeine, I’ll begin some of the cleaning/organizing/sorting chores on today’s agenda.

Never made it out to Barnes and Noble, Bed, Bath, and Beyond, or the Asian market this morning. There’s always tonight or tomorrow; no hurry, really. I did, however, make the much needed grocery run to Harris Teeter. I walked instead of drove, which limited the number of things I could buy. It’s only four or five blocks, but that’s a long way to carry armloads of bags. So I just procured what I needed for the weekend plus a few additional odds and ends.

I can feel the beginnings of a truly wonderful caffeine buzz. This is a good sign as I’ll become a blur of jittery activity for at least a few hours. So much can be accomplished with proper caffeination. Certainly this is a sign of addiction, but there are worse vices.

Off to be productive.

2 comments:

Wanting said...

Do you hire out? Since I was sick, it seems I've become lazy. I don't have the gumption to do stuff here, yet at work I'm a mover. I NEED HELP!

Ng3 said...

Hehehehe....I can barely keep up with my own housekeeping. So often after a long day of work then class the last thing I want to do is tidy up. That's the beauty of free weekends like this. A neverending cup of coffee and time to do what needs to be done.