Friday, October 14, 2005

Friday Evening

It’s been cloudy, rainy and/or drizzly and cool for over a week now and I think we’ve had enough of this gloom for a while as it is conducive for little else beyond naps, hot cups of coffee, warm blankets and reading. Certainly not the most productive of weeks. Tomorrow, though, is supposed to be different. Sunny with highs in the low 70s. Perfect for catching up on the research. Things should be winding down sufficiently that it won’t take up the entire weekend (though it will involve field work both tomorrow afternoon and Sunday morning).

The continual gloom took a toll on my office today. Several of the staff, including my secretary, “abandoned ship” at lunch leaving only a skeletal staffing arrangement. This was just as well since it was a Friday, which are usually slow anyway. I spent my day either puttering about in my office or preparing slide mounts of various beasties in my lab next door, none of which was truly essential, only a way to pass the time in a somewhat productive manner. Busywork can certainly be an asset from time to time.

So it’s late Friday afternoon and I wonder what I’m going to do with the evening. No real plans, though a friend mentioned having a “movie night” over at his place. May have to make an appearance depending on my energy level and movie selection. Energy level shouldn’t be a problem as I’ve just finished off a cup of coffee strong enough to ward off any thought of or desire for nap time.

No comments: