Saturday, October 29, 2005

The Agenda

For only the second time since it has turned cold, the boiler in the apartment building kicked in early this morning and the old steam radiators are hissing and clattering away. It’s a good sound, particularly when you’re wrapped up under the blankets trying to stay warm. I suspect the thermostat down in the basement (the only such temp regulatory device for the entire building) is set too low, perhaps in an effort to save on heating costs. So for only the second time in the last week or so it’s comfortable in the apartment and I don’t have to walk around in two pairs of socks and layered clothing to keep warm.

Other than having emergency pager duty, it’s going to be a free day. I want to be productive, though; to take care of a number of activities in which I’ve fallen behind or have wanted to do for a while now, but just haven’t had the time (or have simply been too lazy). Among the things on today’s agenda:

1. Grocery shopping. This is sorely needed as the kitchen is practically void of food. Even as creative as I try to be in the kitchen, I simply can’t do much with a bag of coffee beans, salt, and pasta. So today I’ll be making runs to the Asian market and the local grocery store. I made the list this morning and this task will be today’s priority.

2. Cleaning. The bedroom need a good cleaning and the study need organizing.

3. Barnes and Noble. For a change I’m in the mood to read a novel. Not sure what, exactly. I’ll just browse the shelves until something strikes my fancy.

4. Bed, Bath, and Beyond. Need to replace the baking dish that I dropped last Sunday as well as pick up a few kitchen essentials. Should make a list for this shopping trip to and STICK TO IT. It’s Bed, Bath, and Beyond, after all. I can spend far too much in there if I am not mindful.

5. Finish sorting through old clothes. This ties in with (2), but not quite so I will assign it it’s own number. I need to make a little more room in the closet before buying some new things.

So I guess we’ll see just how many of these things I can get done today.

No comments: