Sunday, October 30, 2005

This and That

Three large bags of clothes made it into the trash yesterday, thus freeing up some valuable closet and storage space. I thought about donating them to charity, but they were far too worn and probably wouldn’t be accepted. Another two bags of this and that also went away (old magazines, sundry papers, etc). Books I cannot throw out, so I’m taking a box of them to work tomorrow for anyone so inclined to give them a home. So some progress was made yesterday, but I still have a long way to go. Having a coffee now and will probably get back to the sorting once I finish.

Rearranging the bedroom is going to be the project for this afternoon/evening as is pricing online some living room furniture. Outfitting the living room is way overdue. I think I’ve found a home from my Ancient Futon so that will clear the way for the procurement of a few matching pieces. I’m certainly not going to buy anything expensive. I have cats, after all, and whatever I buy they’ll most likely just tear up in time. Inexpensive and moderately respectable are the main buying points. Ikea, anyone?

And, of course, before and after pictures will be taken. Whether I post them or not depends on the degree I’m able to transform the living room from a cold, heartless, undecorated room to something passably livable, warm, and inviting. Given my complete lack of skill in this area, the room upon becoming furnished will probably be colder and more heartless. My friends will have to help with this. Otherwise, I will never hear the end of it.

What might be interesting is to turn the living room project into a “community/group effort” of sorts for those out there who relish such endeavors. I could post images of the current layout, specs of the room, and the look I’m considering and get feedback/recommendations from whomever happens by the blog.

Hmmm. May have to give this some thought.

1 comment:

Ng3 said...

Freddy- Thanks for the insight. I can't paint my walls (or if I do, I have to repaint them in the orginial color when I leave)... so that's not really an option.

Curtains...hmmmmm....Something for my cats to climb when I'm away.

The overall look I want for the lving room is a minimalist/"Zen" sort of thing. I have an idea of what I want...just cant seem to make it happen.