Thursday, October 20, 2005

Food Fight!

Now I remember why I’ve long avoided fast food like the plague. Due to time constraints and against my better judgment, I grabbed lunch from a fast food place (and I will not mention that it was Hardees) on the way back to the office early this afternoon. It was typical fast food fare (greasy burger and cold fries) and left me feeling queasy and listless. Ugh. No more fast food for at least another year or longer if I bear today’s lesson in mind as my body is begging I should.

Something else about today’s visit will keep me out of fast food places: behaviour of the staff. Two employees were in a rather heated argument about who had duty at the drive-up window. The staffer at the window obviously thought she had been stuck there beyond her allotted shift and her replacement was obviously in no hurry to take over. At one point, they were all but yelling in each other’s faces and brandished their weapons: one had the French fry scoop and the other, a drive-up customer’s drink. Before the argument became an exchange of salt, fries, ice, and soda, the manager temporarily suspended her search for a lost roll of dimes to break things up. A pity, really as a fast food fight would have added entertainment value to the long wait for my food.

No comments: