Saturday, October 22, 2005

Photo Op

It was a good afternoon at the ecological preserve. As usual, it was deserted save for me. I was out there about four hours, only one of which was devoted to research. The rest of the time was spent wandering here and there with the digital camera, taking pictures of this and that. I’m testing out the capabilities of the digital camera I have at work and I’ve almost decided to buy the same model for my own personal use. Subject matter today ranged from open landscape shots to specific images (mushrooms, lichen, plants, etc) to micro-photography (ants). The camera’s capabilities with the latter aren’t all that wonderful (perhaps it‘s partial user ineptitude as well), but how often am I going to be using micro-photography anyway? Otherwise, the camera performed exceptionally well with everything else.

Below is an image I took today that seems interesting on some level. I think I’ll call it “Same, but different.”


No comments: