Friday, October 21, 2005

Friday PM

Oddly bored and restless this evening. Usually a book or some music is a sufficient occupation to pass the hours until bedtime, but they’re just not doing it for me tonight. Obviously not in the “leave me the hell alone” hermit mood that typically comes at the end of a long workweek. But I’m not necessarily in the mood to socialize either. I know what you’re thinking: I just need more caffeine. Possibly this is true, but I’m on my second coffee of the evening.

I haven’t done much reading lately, at least not since the bout with cluster headaches back in early September. At least I think it was early September; the weeks are going by so fast that I’ve quite lost track. I’ll read a few pages here and there, usually before bed, but I haven’t engaged in any of those all day “read-a-thons” that I enjoy. I still have “Guns, Germs, and Steel” that I bought back in early August that I’ve barely started (and I was hoping to be finished with it by the start of Sept) so that’s going to be the project over the next few weeks.

One recently acquired book that I’m rather enjoying it Thich Nhat Hanh’s “Finding Our True Home,” which is Thay’s translation of and commentary on the Amitabha Sutra. A rather insightful work that I’ll post on in greater detail at a later date. Very thought provoking.

No comments: