Sunday, December 12, 2004

Expectations vs. Reality

OK....maybe my expectations were a little too ambitous this morning. While I got some studying for my final exam done, progress towards the other two goals failed to even get off the ground. Tis OK...still plenty of time and in the grand scheme of things the final exam is the most important of the three things I mentioned this morning.

But I was not idle today. I made considerable progress with tidying up the apartment. The kitchen and bathroom are spotless and the living room is more or less headed in that direction. The bedroom and study remain and they should be finished over the next few days. I also finalized my postcard list and got the camera issues sorted out. The camera thing took longer than expected due to stumbling across a box of old pictures while I was looking for my digital camera. Productivity ground to a halt as I had to take a trip down memory lane. Most of the pictures dated around the 1998-2000 time frame which is perhaps one of the most significant watershed periods of my life. It was also one of the rare periods during which I was actively pursing the "Kodak moment" thing; the photographic record of my life since is sparse. I need to pay a little more attention to this. After all, how will I ever be able write my autobiography without the necessary photographic documentation? *grin*

I'm not entirely kidding about the autobiography thing either (so stop chortling, Mildred in Utah! It's not very flattering for someone of your advanced years). This idea has long had a certain appeal and will be a back-burner project completed years from now. Everyone has a story to tell, irregardless of how famous or wealthy or otherwise noteworthy. As I'm none of these things, my story will probably attract very few readers, but it's still my story to one day tell. It's akin to the blog experience: you have to write for yourself; if anyone else happens to come along for the ride...well, that's fine too.

No comments: