Wednesday, December 08, 2004

Wednesday Evening

Yet again today I took off early from work to finish up putting together the seminar that I'll give tomorrow night. Other than maybe ONE more little section and the conclusion it's done. Finally! I had hoped to have it finished by Sunday which turned out not to be the case as I tend to be a bit of an academic perfectionist. And a procrastinator. Can't forget that part. No matter, really, as the seminar is pretty much complete and by this time tomorrow night it will be all over. At that point I'll shift my attention towards final exams and trip preparation.

Guess I'll wander off to put on a pot of coffee and get back to work. I'll tinker with the presentation until about eight-thirty, but after that it will be my time to do whatever. Making time for myself is one of the keys to successfully balancing full time employment along with a full course load. And to me those few hours to myself are among the most precious. (This time is mine. My own. My Precious. No one can steals it from us.)

OK...no more viewings of LOTR until next summer.

Anyway...off to the kitchen before it gets too geeky in here.

1 comment:

Wanting said...

wow...full time work and full time student...how do you do it....took me several years just to get an Associates...must be very smart...lucky you...good luck with your seminar...your finals...and have fun "nancing"...